Search The Cookbook

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Lemon Pepper Chicken

April 7, 2013: I have always had a few TV shows with which I have decently kept up. Before dating Andy, these shows were Grey's Anatomy, Gossip Girl, Glee, One Tree Hill, Entourage, and Californication. But Andy takes TV watching to a whole new level. Between Showtime, HBO, FX, and AMC, our DVR light is constantly lit up in record mode. 


Grey's Anatomy
 Throughout the year, the shows change since some are fall series, spring series, etc. Some if the shows we have watched together from the beginning have been: The Borgias, The Walking Dead, Magic City, Boardwalk Empire, House of Lies, Homeland, Girls, The Newsroom, The Americans, and American Horror Story. 
Gossip Girl
Other series, Andy insisted that I catch up on on Netflix and HBO Go in order to be able to watch them with him. These shows were Dexter, Weeds, True Blood, How to Make it in America, Breaking Bad, and Mad Men. One of Andy's favorite shows, Lost, ended right when we started dating, but he highly recommended that I watch all six seasons so we could talk about it. And Andy was cute, so I did it, and fell in love with Jack, Sawyer, and Charlie all while falling for Andy, too. 
Lost
Last, there are the shows that I missed the first season of, Shameless and Nurse Jackie, but they are on my to do list to go back and watch (in all my free time...) And yes, I still watch Grey's Anatomy and recently while I was sick took a trip back in time to become immersed in Downton Abbey. Andy doesn't watch either of these "girly" shows, nor does he appreciate my singing along with my guilty pleasure, Glee. 
Mad Men
I don't think I could pick a favorite out of all of these. Each one is very different with plots that keep you on the edge of your seat. After having watched five seasons of Mad Men, on April 7th I was eager to see who Don Draper was going to swoon next and what strides Peggy Olson would make for women's rights.  I made Lemon Pepper Chicken, and poured Andy a glass of scotch to sit back and watch 1962 unfold at Sterling, Cooper, Draper, Price. 

Nurse Jackie

Lemon Pepper Chicken
Servings: 2; Weight Watchers PointsPlus Value: 6


Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup (plus 2 tablespoons, if roasting) EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 2 lemons, divided
  • 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely grated or pasted
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • Salt
  • 1 3- to 4-pound chickenskin removed and cut into 8 pieces
Instructions

  • Combine all ingredients in a bowl
  • Marinate chicken in the mixture for at least 15mins, up to overnight
  • Grill over medium heat for appr 15 mins or bake at 350 for 35-45mins or until juices run clear

Lemon Pepper Chicken

Keep on cookin'!
-Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment