Chicken Chili TacosWeight Watchers via Pinterest
Servings: 12 (but can change depending on how much you load up your tacos or if you eat it as chili instead of in a taco shell!); Weight Watchers PointsPlus Value: 4 (without the taco shell)
|Chicken Chili Tacos|
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 16-oz can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 16-oz can kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 2 8-oz can tomato sauce
- 10 oz package frozen corn kernels (or canned- if canned, be sure to drain)
- 2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies, drained
- 1 packet taco seasoning (or 2 heaping tablespoons)
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 24 oz. (4) boneless skinless chicken breasts (I use frozen ones all the time. If you use frozen, you can usually cook for 7 hrs on high depending on how quickly/how hot your crockpot cooks)
- 1 small can (4-6 oz) chili peppers, chopped, drained
- 1 package hard taco shells
1. Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker. (Advice? Put in a Slow Cooker Liner- they will save you tons of cleanup time! I also spray the liner with a light coating of olive oil spray to keep my food from sticking).
2. Place chicken on top and cover.
3. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours (7 hours if the chicken breasts are frozen).
4. A half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred (mine shred while I was just stirring it)
5. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir. Let sit on warm for appr 30 mins.
6. Serve in the taco shells or in a bowl as chili.
Keep on cookin'!