|Tilapia Fish Tacos|
Today I went to our local Central Market to get some fresh veggies, fish, and tortillas to try to throw these together tonight. The recipe called for Mahi Mahi, but have you ever tried to buy that fish? Goodness, for the price of ONE (1) one Mahi Mahi fillet, I could buy four Tilapia fillets, so of course I took the less expensive route. I made the garnishes in advance because I had a Junior League of Fort Worth meeting, but besides that, it was the fastest meal I have ever made! The fish literally takes 8-10 minutes to grill, and, if the garnishes are made in advance, you're golden! It's healthy, inexpensive, and very delicious- so next time, try this one out!
|All of the toppings|
Tilapia Fish Tacos
(4 servings, 380 calories, 11 g fat, WeightWatchers Points Plus Value: 4)
|Tilapia Fish Tacos|
- 2 large Tilapia fillets
- Chopped fresh cilantro (or fresh pico de gallo is available in the bulk area at Central Market)
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and cubed
- 1 tbsp blackening spice (available across from the fish section at Central Market)
- 8 corn tortillas
- Juice of 1 lime
- Canola oil
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 2 cups finely shredded red cabbage (this will dye your hands if you hand-shred it!)
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Mix the mango, avocado, onion, and the juice of 1 lime in a bowl.
- Season with cilantro, salt, and pepper. **You can leave out the cilantro and substitute fresh pico de gallo as an additional garnish
- Heat grill until hot.
- Drizzle a light coating of oil over the fish and rub on the blackening spice
- Cook the fish, undisturbed, for 4 minutes.
- Carefully flip with the spatula and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the grill.
- Warm the tortillas on the grill **Or in a tortilla warmer, available at Wal-Mart or Target for 1 minute. (until warm and pliable)
- Break the fish into chunks and divide among the tortillas. Top with the cabbage/lettuce, mango salsa, and optional pico.
|Mango, Avocado, Onion Salsa Garnish!|