Growing up in Fort Worth, I had known the famous "Blue Roofs" of Cook Children's for 23 years, as we passed it almost every day driving around town. After applying for the Program Specialist job while still in graduate school, I was offered the job the day before I walked the stage to receive my Masters in Education with an emphasis in School Counseling. I was astounded and honored to be leaving graduate school with a job- especially in today's economy. I began work at Cook Children's Medical Center as a Program (Behavior) Specialist in the psychiatric unit in May of 2010.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup pecans (1 oz), coarsely chopped
- 1 lb zucchini, sliced medium thin
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over moderate heat, then cook pecans, stirring, until golden brown and butter is browned.
- Add zucchini with salt and pepper to taste and cook, stirring frequently, until just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Serve zucchini topped with parmesan