Search The Cookbook

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Chicken Enchilada Casserole with Red Sauce

July 1, 2012: (Weird that this was written a year ago- so much has changed since this!!) It's official- my status at work changed from "PRN" (as needed) to full-time! Considering I was already working an average of 36.6 hours per week anyway, not much has changed scheduling wise.  However, changing into full-time status does mean that I now get to receive benefits such as PTO (paid time off), health insurance, and a retirement plan.  Since I turned 26 on June 10, 2012, my health insurance under my dad's job at the District Attorney's Office terminated on June 30, 2012, so the timing couldn't be any better!

Wendy, me, Melissa, Holly, & Dr. Murphy representing
Cook Children's Psychiatry at the American Heart Association's Heart Walk 2012

Working full-time has been more tough than I planned, since I'm also balancing an over active social life right now with 9 of my girlfriends getting married in the span of 5 months. However, having benefits, paid time off (PTO), and an ensured 36 hours of pay each week are all well-worth it. I've also been taking on a lot of mini-projects at work, as well. For example, I was asked to be the Psychiatry Team Leader for the American Heart Association's 2012 Heart Walk. A few emails later and psychiatry was teamed up with Psychology and the Tarrant County DA's office in our fundraising efforts.  We raised around $2,000, and I am so proud of our fund-raising efforts!  The day of the Heart Walk, it was pretty chilly, even for September in Texas, but we walked and talked for the whole three miles.A huge shout-out and thank you to our team, and especially those who came out to walk that morning!
Jason, Holly, me, & Andy at the American Heart Association's Heart Walk 2012

I've started attending the monthly Mental Health Connection meetings with both our Director and Nurse Educator to learn about other mental health resources available to families in our area. I also have been representing our department both with and without our Nurse Educator at the hospital's monthly Patient Education Council meetings. I have taken on the role of Parent Education Coordinator at our Partial Hospitalization Program and have worked with a team to successfully revamp the parent education program at PHP. We have brought in guest speakers on safety, playing and relaxing with your children, and water safety. Attendance and satisfaction have both appeared to increase!

Our Cook Children's Team for the American Heart Association's Heart Walk 2012

SO, my plate has been very VERY full lately! The day I officially changed status from PRN to full-time, I made Andy and myself a little fiesta celebration dinner of Chicken Enchiladas with Red Sauce. I order chicken enchiladas a lot at restaurants, usually with green sauce, so I thought it'd be a fun one to try out. They were very spicy but were better than many restaurant enchiladas dishes that I've tried!

Chicken Enchiladas with Red Sauce
Pinterest.com
Servings: 8; Weight Watchers PointsPlus Value: 3


Filling:
  • 9 tortillas
  • 1 1/2 c chicken breast meat, cooked & shredded
  • 1 c onion, chopped
  • 1 c bell pepper, chopped
  • 1/2 c non-fat Greek yogurt
  • 1/2 c low-fat  4 Cheese Mexican cheese
Sauce:
  •  3/4 c salsa
  • 1/4 c non-fat Greek yogurt
  • 1/4 c low or non-fat shredded cheddar cheese
  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. Lightly spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick spray
  3. Sautee onions & bell peppers in a small skillet using cooking spray until onion are lightly brown
  4. Mix sauteed veggies with non-fat Greek yogurt, chicken, and cheese
  5. Spread 1/4 c chicken mixture in middle of each tortilla & roll into a small burrito
  6. Place seam down into baking dish
  7. Mix salsa and Greek yogurt in a small bowl & spread evenly onto top of tortillas
  8. Sprinkle with cheese
  9. Cover with foil, bake at 350 for 15-20 min
Keep on cookin'!
-Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment