6/30/13: My co-workers and I often exchange recipes in an effort to avoid the ever-ominous food-rut that every cook at some point gives way and falls in to. For example, Buffi makes fabulous cookies and pumpkin muffins. No matter how well I’m trying to eat that day, if Buffi walks by with a bag of cookies and says “Here, do you want a cookie?” my answer will ALWAYS be "Yes please!"
With as many cooks as we have in our department, it is a wonder that we all are not 800 pounds. (Although, if I were 800 pounds, and Buffi’s cookies were all I could eat for the rest of my life, I would be okay with that.) Let’s see… about our chefs- Abby makes a Sopapilla Cheesecake that is decadent, Diane makes homemade Oreos that could put Nabisco out of business, Wendy makes her own salads for lunch that rival Central Market’s, Hali’s breakfast biscuits give Cracker Barrel a run for their money, and Shayla makes salsa that is down-right addicting to anyone who says “I’ll just have some on one chip” (yeah. right.) Oh, and ask Sharon about the video of her making chicken and dumplings- they’ll make your mouth water and her commentary will crack you up.
|Our Intake Cooks:|
Stephanie, Cari, Wendy, Kim, Joy
Since I have this blog, people will sometimes ask me for recipe ideas, but this time, I asked a coworker for her recipe for Creamy Chicken Lasagna. Joy has told me before that finding food that both of her children enjoy can be tricky, but that this one is always a crowd-pleaser in her home. Now for someone who had never grown up with a lasagna-making mom, in the past few years, I have eaten more lasagna that I have in my whole life. I have made Lasagna Roll-Ups, Tomato & Pepper Meat Lasagna, and plain Tomato & Pepper Lasagna. All of them have been delicious, but we all know that I’m always willing to try new recipes.
|Our School Cooks:|
Beth & Sharon
Andy and I loved Joy’s Creamy Chicken Lasagna, and it was just as easy as she’d said it would be! I had it for leftovers (just as she had the week before!) for the whole week, and I never tired of it. Thanks for the recipe, Joy- as for the list above, I’ll add you on… Joy’s Creamy Chicken Lasagna puts in the “joy” in the “Joy of Cooking!” Cheesy? Yes. (and creamy, and chicken-y), but fabulous!
|Our Nurse Cooks:|
Shayla, Melody, and Lisa
Creamy Chicken Lasagna
Servings: 12; Weight Watchers PointsPlus Value: 4
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 1/4 c hot water
- 1 (8 oz) package fat free cream cheese
- 2 c part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 (26 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
- Place chicken in a saucepan with enough water to cover, and bring to a boil
- Cook chicken for 20 mins, or until no longer pink & juices run clear
- Remove from saucepan & shred
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Dissolve the bouillon cube in hot water
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken with the bouillon, cream cheese, and 1 c mozzarella cheese
- Spread 1/3 of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 in baking dish
- Cover the chicken mixture, and top with 3 lasagna noodles (these do NOT need to be cooked in advance); repeat
- Top with remaining sauce, and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese
- Bake for 45 mins
Keep on cookin'!