Search The Cookbook

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Baked Sweet Potato Fries

January 4, 2014: On our quest to start eating healthier this year, we have been trying new vegetables. I have known I've always loved sweet potato fries, but Andy has never been a big fan of them. That's fine- more for me! 
Holly and Me at Woody's after cheering on the Saints at the Omni
During January, we went to meet our friends, Holly and Jason, at Whiskey and Rye, the sports bar located inside of the Omni Fort Worth Hotel (which is where we're getting MARRIED! That's a whole 'nother blog entry though!). We went to watch the New Orleans Saints take on the Philadelphia Eagles. Since the Cowboys played so horribly this year, I decided I was going to be a Saints fan instead. The Saints pulled out a win, 26-24, and I was excited that my new favorite team was rocking it. 

Andy and me at Woody's
Andy ordered grilled sweet potatoes, and I reminded him he didn't like them but he said he was wanting to try them anyway. He ended up really liking them, so I tried to find a recipe that was similar to the ones at Whiskey and Rye. This recipe was as close as I could get but seeing as it was January and freezing outside, we opted to bake them instead of grill them. 

Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Servings: 6; Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 7
www.weightwatchers.com


  • 60 oz Potato(es), sweet, raw, 6 medium 
  • 2 Tbsp Butter, unsalted
  • ½ tsp Chili powder, Ancho variety
  • ¼ tsp Dried oregano, crumbled
  • ⅛ tsp Cumin, ground
  • ⅛ tsp Cayenne pepper, or to taste
  • ⅛ tsp Salt, table, or to taste


Baked Sweet Potato Fries

  1. Preheat oven to 450
  2. Slice the potatoes in long, fry-shaped pieces of medium to thin thickness
  3. Combine the butter, chili powder, dried oregano, cumin, cayenne pepper, and salt in a large ziplock baggie
  4. Add the potatoes and shake well, covering potatoes
  5. Scatter the potatoes onto a cookie sheet, making an even layer
  6. Bake on 450 for 15mins, flip potatoes, and bake another 15 minutes *this baking time may differ depending on the thickness of your fry
Keep on cookin'!
-Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment