We had a Kudamundi we named Mr. Wiggles who greeted us on the other side of the sliding glass door every day. We ate lunch with monkeys swinging in the trees 10 feet away. We had a personal golf cart to take to our meals in an open-air cafe where we were often the only patrons because it was the rainy season. We had Mixology class, Costa-Rican style and took over the bar for the afternoon. And, of course, we cheered on the Rangers and cooked out to the sound of parrots squawking and another storm rolling in.
Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup
1. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
2. Add onion and garlic and sauté until soft, 3-4 minutes.
3. Slowly add the chicken broth, tomato sauce and chipotle adobo sauce and bring to a boil.
4. Add cilantro and remove from heat.
5. Pour into crock pot.
6. To the crockpot, add drained beans, diced tomatoes, corn, cumin, oregano and stir.
7. Add the chicken breasts; cover and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours.
8. Remove chicken and shred with two forks.
9. Add chicken back into the soup, adjust salt and cumin to taste.
10. Serve in bowls and top with fat free sour cream, cheese, scallions and cilantro.