|Julio's spicy chips go great with guac!|
Below is a recipe I tried over the Fourth of July at the lake. I love it when guac has chunks of avocado in it, so I was sure to leave some in this batch. My friends were raving about it and couldn't believe that I'd made it relatively low-fat.
Adapted from Bethenny Frankel's Mock-a-Mole, by Kate Strickland
Servings: 12 (3.5 cups) Weight Watchers PointsPlus Value: 3 (41 points in the whole bowl)
- 4 avocados, peeled, pitted, and mashed (but leave chunks if you like them like me!)
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1/2 c tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp red onion, chopped
- 4 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce (plus or minus, depending on how spicy you like it)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl
- Serve with tortilla chips (Julio's are my favorite, but they have limited availability- if you're in Texas, try HEB, Kroger, or Central Market)
Keep on cookin'!