|Andy and me at the World Series Game 5|
I made this Taco Dip to take to work on the morning of October 24th because I was so excited, and I wanted to spread the Rangers spirit. I figured it was "tailgate-y" and fun and would maybe bring in some Rangers spirit. I was filling in for our secretary, and I figured I would kick off my secretarial helping with a little bribe in case I messed up. My first day, we had three discharges to complete from over the weekend and three additional discharges to complete by the end of my shift. Three new patients needed a doctor change, two patients needed to switch rooms, oh, and the PM secretary was sick, so she would not be coming in to fill any gaps I left. What a first day of filling in!
|The. World. Series. !!!!|
Every one of my co-workers who saw my dip sitting out sighed and said, "Aww man! What are you doing to us? I don't need to eat this all day!" I promptly assured my peers that the dip was fat-free and they were free to eat all day without feeling like chubby wubbies.
|Me, Andy, and Mr. and Mrs. Jennings at the World Series Game 5|
After eight crazy-busy hours of secretarying and filling my co-workers with Layered Taco Dip, I headed home to meet Andy and his parents before heading out to the game. We left for the Ballpark in Arlington at 4:00pm to ensure we got a decent parking spot and avoid the traffic. Game 5 was AWESOME. Demi Lovato sang the National Anthem, and Roger Staubach threw out the first pitch. Thanks to Andy, we had great seats, and we cheered the Rangers on to a 4-2 win over the Cardinals. Even if we didn't go on to win the World Series, just being a part of the playoffs and going to a World Series game was amazing. Maybe third time will be a charm, Rangers? We're still proud of you boys.
|Layered Taco Dip|
Servings: 25-30; Weight Watchers Points Plus Value: 19 for the whole dish
- 8 oz fat-free cream cheese (the dip is runnier with fat-free cream cheese, so I suggest adding about 2 tbsp flour if your dip seems thin or runny... you can always use higher fat cheese, also)
- 8 oz fat-free sour cream
- 16 oz jar mild salsa
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 c iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 lg tomatoes, diced
- 1 c fat free shredded cheddar cheese
- (optional) 1 c guacamole, pre-packed or prepared- my recipe here
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, salsa, and taco seasoning
- Mix well with an electric mixer (otherwise it'll be chunky)
- Spread on the bottom of a large shallow glass dish
- Top with optional guacamole, lettuce, and cheese
Keep on cookin'!