|Me, Keri, Kate, Chaney, and Sam- 4 of my 21 Year Old friends|
at lunch at Uncle Julio's
|Keri, me, Sam, and Kate|
swimming at Sam's parents' house, high school style!
So, continuing with the perfection that was birthday week, I add in now quick and easy meals. Part of the beauty of dishes that marinate overnight is that you have more free time the day on which you're planning to serve. This is especially helpful for weeks like birthday week when all I wanted to do was socialize and have fun. For example- OMG Chicken. I found this recipe on Pinterest, only to discover that it is really from Hellmann's Mayonnaise. Seeing as mayonnaise is just fat in a jar, I decided to figure out a way to healthify the recipe.
|Whitney, me, Sam, Frances, Kate, and Keri|
5 of my 21 Year Old Friends
at the lake for my birthday weekend
|Andy and me watching the sunset at the lake on my birthday weekend|
Seeing that I had some free time, and this is my birthday week, I decided to take Ulta up on their offer for a free birthday brow wax. (Yeah, PS, Ulta will give anyone a free eyebrow wax on their birthday- fun fact!) I kept looking down at my toes, thinking of my chipping nail polish and how heinous that was going to be at my lake birthday party this weekend when my phone rang. It was my mom, and she was wondering when we had appointments for our nails because she really needed a manicure before my godsisters' debutante party on Friday. Great minds think alike. "Well," I said, "I was just noticing how much my toesies need some TLC- wanna meet me up by Tom Thumb and get a birthday pedicure?" As I've mentioned before, my dad's birthday is June 9, mine is June 10, and my mom's is June 11, so birthday week has always been a family tradition.
|Whitney and me with Fernando, a birthday cake topping tradition|
at the lake
|Andy and me at Bonnell's for my birthday dinner|
Hellmann's Mayonnaise, altered & healthified by Kate Strickland
Servings: 4; Weight Watchers PointsPlus Value: 7
|OMG Chicken, Texas Toast Light, and Garlic Lime Asparagus|
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced fat Parmesan cheese
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs (or, place 1/2 c croutons in a ziplock bag. Add 1 tsp Italian Seasoning. Roll over bag with a rolling pin until finely crushed)
- Place yogurt and cheese in a sall bowl and mix.
- Lay chicken breasts on baking sheet (I line my baking sheet with parchment paper to make clean up easy)
- Rub yogurt mixture evenly all over each chicken breast.
- Marinate, covered, overnight for best results, but at least 2 hrs.
- Evenly sprinkle bread crumbs atop each.
- Bake for 25 min at 425.
Keep on cookin'!