Search The Cookbook

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Mediterranean Chicken

My DIY improvement on my builder mirror
In an effort to make some much-needed home improvements, Andy and I adventured to Lowe's last weekend.  A couple of hours and a full shopping basket later, we checked out and were headed to yet another Lowe's... because the first one didn't have the mini-pendant to install with our new light above the kitchen sink to match the other one we already have above the kitchen table.  SO then THREE hours later, we were headed home with a truck full of what was to be new lighting, an improved toilet, and better-than-builder mirror. 

New kitchen lighting! I really wish I had a before & after
Well, the lighting turned out to be a MUCH bigger ordeal than we expected.  I was flexed from work, but on-call, so despite being off work, that meant I was pretty much stuck at home for the day.  I called my parents and asked them to come over and help me for the day.  Little did I know what we were getting into.  My dad promptly discovered that I was missing a part for the light in the sitting nook.  That explains why the chandelier was falling out of the ceiling.  Stupid builder.  Then, upon beginning to install the new light above the kitchen island, my dad read that we needed a drill and a dremmel for the installation.  Great.  Pack into the car, go BACK to Lowe's (I should've gotten them to start stamping a card for me- 10th visit and maybe I'd get a free light bulb.), then to my parents' house to get the dremmel and the drill.  Then back to my house.  
New kitchen lighting as seen from the backdoor
The next few hours were spent with our necks craned and arms above us, Michelangelo style.  I'm totally empathetic with his Sistine Chapel painting now- I couldn't do it for two hours, yet alone contorting himself that way for all of four years.  Yeesh.  However, after many grunts and breaks to shake out our rubbery arms, the lights were up and shining.  A HUGE thank you to my electricity-savvy father for all of his help- we had no idea what were were getting into, but it looks great now! In celebration on Monday night of our work-filled Sunday (well, my work-filled Sunday... Andy was at a cook out then with our friends watching True Blood!), we had this Mediterranean Chicken on Monday night.  It was very light and island-like, and it looked great under our new lights! No more stark, bleaching fluorescent lighting for us.

Mediterranean Chicken
www.copywriterskitchen.com
Servings: 2; Weight Watchers PointsPlus Value: 5
Mediterranean Chicken

  • 1/2 c dry white wine
  • 2 tbsp fat-free chicken broth
  • 1 clove minced garlic
  • 1 tsp thyme
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 tsp dried rosemary (or 1 tbsp fresh)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp ground pepper
  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl
  2. Place chicken in a large baggie
  3. Pour in marinade
  4. Allow chicken to marinate for 1+ hours, or overnight if possible
  5. Grill chicken over medium heat- appr. 6 mins/each side depending on thickness
Keep on cookin'!
-Katherine




No comments:

Post a Comment