Search The Cookbook

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Funkytown Foodie

At a going away party for a co-worker last month (where I served Spicy Corn Dip), one of the new doctors on our psychiatry team came up to me.  "I hear you're the person to go to for restaurant suggestions in Fort Worth," said Dr. Hill.  My reply? "Oh, goodness, well I don't know that I'm the best person, but I do have some suggestions!"  I agreed to email Dr. Hill a list of my favorite restaurants in Fort Worth, but I told her I would need the weekend to think on it.  Monday morning, I sent her an email with 35 of my favorite Fort Worth stomping grounds.  


Dr. Hill's response?  "Oh my gosh!!!! You should put this on your blog or somewhere!!!!  Thanks so much!!!!"  And, so I am! Here, divided up by food type, are my top picks for Funkytown.  So, while I would love for you to cook up a Katherine in the Kitchen recipe, if you decide to go out for a happy hour or night on the town- try one of these hotspots for a tummy-pleasin' time.  P.S. Yes, I'm aware that some of these aren't exclusive to Fort Worth, but that doesn't make them any less delicious!

Mexican:
Joe T. Garcia’s (but if you like the food there, go to Esperanza’s on Park Place/8th- it is the same food but without the crowd)
Rio Mambo (on Bryant Irvin)
Fiesta Mexican Restaurant

Sandwiches:
The Great Outdoors
Jersey Mike's

Italian:
Cajun:

Happy Hour:

Nice:

Quick:
Barbecue:

Sushi:


Keep on cookin'! Errr... keep on eating others' cookin!
-Katherine

4 comments:

  1. LOL that's awesome! now everyone can benefit from your expertise :) Alesha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alesha- I'm so glad you inspired me for such a fun post on my recipe blog! I hope you and your family have tried a few of the restaurants!

      Delete
  2. OK, this is just about the best list ever! I am going to put it in my computer so we can just graze our way across the city!!!!! We get stuck eating the same ole places so this will make us stretch in the food area!!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bunny, thank you for your sweet compliment on my recipe blog! Any additions are more than welcome to add to my Funkytown Foodie list!

      Delete