|Greek Yogurt Conversion Chart|
butter, try light butter (Smart Balance Light is a great one), light margarine, or applesauce
full-fat cheese, try fat-free cheese, low-fat cheese, or soft tofu
full-fat cream cheese, try fat-free or reduced fat cream cheese
eggs, try egg whites (you may have to double up the quantity though- 2 whites for each egg called for in the recipe)
frying food, try baking or coating with oats, cornmeal, or corn-flakes and then baking
ground beef, try lean ground beef, lean ground turkey, or lean ground chicken
heavy cream, try evaporated milk or tofu
mayonnaise, try fat-free mayo, plain fat-free yogurt, or Miracle Whip Light
milk, try fat-free/skim milk
oil, try plain fat-free yogurt (if in a marinade), fat-free chicken broth (in a skillet)
sour cream, try fat-free sour cream
sugar, try Splenda or any other sugar substitute
Mexican Chicken Casserole
Servings: 4; Weight Watchers PointsPlus Value: 7
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (4.5-ounce) cans chopped green chiles, divided
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons fat-free Greek yogurt or 2 teaspoons fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup reduced-fat evaporated skim milk
- 1 1/2 cup (6 ounces) shredded fat-free cheddar cheese; divided into 1 c & 1/2 c
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) tub-style fat-free cream cheese
- 1 (10-ounce) can light enchilada sauce
- 12 (6-inch) white corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 1 ounce light tortilla chips, crushed (about 6 chips)
Mexican Chicken Casserole, picture from Cooking Light.com
- Combine broth and 1 can of chiles in a large skillet; bring to a boil.
- Add chicken; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until chicken is done, turning chicken once.
- Remove chicken from cooking liquid, reserving cooking liquid; cool chicken.
- Shred meat with two forks, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat yogurt/chicken broth in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 can of chiles and onion; sauté 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add reserved cooking liquid, milk, 1 c cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and enchilada sauce; stir well.
- Stir in shredded chicken; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place 4 tortillas in the bottom of a 2-quart casserole coated with cooking spray.
- Spoon 2 cups chicken mixture over tortillas.
- Repeat layers twice, ending with chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle with other 1/2 c cheddar cheese and chips.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Keep on cookin'!