|Andy and me in Maui, HI|
When sifting through recipes online a month ago, I asked Andy if he'd ever heard of Chicken Spaghetti. "Heard of it?" he surprisingly asked. "Well yeah, we used to have it every week before our soccer games. The moms would rotate cooking it for our team." Turns out Chicken Spaghetti is much more popular than I ever knew- geez, I'd never even heard of the stuff until I came across the recipe.
|Mr. & Mrs. Jennings at the Pro Football Hall of Fame|
Speaking of Andy's mom, that night we went to meet her, Andy's dad, Andy's sister (Carly) and brother-in-law (Slate), and Andy's precious nephew, Greyson, at Patrizio's for Carly's birthday dinner. Carly and Slate had been in the Dominican Republic at the beginning of July, and Andy and I had just gotten back from Hawaii. To add to it, Andy's parents had been on a road trip to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, so we all had vacation stories to share and Carly's birthday to celebrate. And actually, for lunch that day, we had met Andy's cousin (Clint), Clint's wife (Patty), and their two sons (Guy and Coleman) for lunch at Joe T's. It was quite the Jennings family day!
|Coleman and me at Joe T's for lunch|
But back to dinner... Greyson wasn't feeling very well, and we had him watching both Hop and Dora the Explorer on two different iPhones to keep from crying about his sore throat. He wasn't satisfied with either Hop or Dora, so double screen time it was.
|Slate in the Dominican Republic|
Carly professed that she'd forgotten her camera when they went to the Dominican, but was able to show us pictures from her iPhone (when it wasn't being used by Greyson- cue the crying). I was prepared with our 550 photos on my friend, Whitney's, iPad that she had graciously let me borrow for our Hawaiian adventure. (Thanks, Whit!) We probably looked like super iGeeks in the middle of the restaurant, but it was fun to relive all of our trips.
|Carly in the Dominican Republic|
I did my best to try Chicken Spaghetti. Given that it was from Cooking Light, I'm sure it wasn't as good as what Andy had growing up (let's be honest, full-fat foods often win that contest). However, Andy claimed that he did like it, and was pleased that it was lighter and lower-fat than traditional Chicken Spaghetti.
Servings: 6; Weight Watchers PointsPlus Value: 8
- 1 c fat-free shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 1/2 oz canned chicken, drained & flaked
- 10 3/4 oz Campbell's 98% Fat-Free Cream Of Chicken Soup, undiluted
- 10 3/4 oz Campbell's 98% Fat-Free Cream Of Mushroom Soup, undiluted
- 10 oz canned tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1/2 fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 14 1/2 oz cooked whole-wheat spaghetti
- Combine cheese, chicken, condensed soups, green chilies, mushrooms, onion, green pepper, garlic salt, and black pepper in a sauce pan on the stovetop
- Cook spaghetti per instructions on box
- When sauce mixture is hot and cheese is melted within, and spaghetti has been cooked and drained, pour sauce mixture over noodles