|Andy's new "Man Room"|
|Andy's new Man Room- I prefer to call it the "Sports Room"|
Living with a boy takes some time to adjust. When my friend, Keri, married her husband, Bradley, she had a "Things Every Bride Needs" shower. I wrote Keri a note that said I didn't know what every bride needed, but I had learned a thing or two about what every woman living with a man needed.
- Febreeze Room Deodorizer: cause living with a boy can be stinky.
- Positive Affirmations (a dish towel from Francesa's that says, "When I count my blessings, I count you twice"): cause sometimes we girls forget to look on the bright side of things.
- Wine Opener: cause nothing is more frustrating than not having one when you really
needwant a glass of wine.
|Andy's Sports Room|
|Andy's Sports Room|
I'm happy to report that Andy and I have been successful roommates for a few months now. I was quick to hang up his super cool Texas map in the living room and put a "J" on the wall in replace of my "K"s. Andy wanted to turn the front office room into a "man room," which I agreed to on two conditions: 1) We would call it the "sports room" and not "man cave" and 2) I could turn the closet in said "sports room" into a craft closet. Fine by Andy- that just means less glitter & wreath bobbles laying around without a place to be stored.
As it turns out, living together is pretty great. He makes fabulous baked potatoes to go with my Katherine in the Kitchen meals, and he doesn't mind sweeping or doing yard work. I think I'll keep him around ;-)
|Man-Pleasing Chicken and Rosemary Red Potatoes|
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary (I have PLENTY if you want some!)
- Put the chicken thighs into the oven, and let them bake for 40 minutes at 450°
- Baste the tops of the chicken with more sauce half way through.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Plate the chicken, making sure to spoon some extra sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle some fresh rosemary on top.
Keep on cookin'!