|Andy, me, Jennifer, & Chris, TCU tailgating 2012|
Andy is in four (count them, FOUR- quatro, quatre) NFL fantasy football leagues. I could barely even manage to remember to make my picks in my college pick 'em last year, so how he manages four teams each fall, I will never know. One is a work group of friends, one is his dad's buddies, one is college friends, and one is a group of his KA buddies from Midwestern State University. This year, the KA boys' draft was at our friends, Clay and Michelle's, house. I wanted to make something easy and bite sized for the draft party, so I turned to my Pinterest boards to see what I could find.
|Andy & Me, TCU tailgating 2012|
|Andy, me, Sara, & Philip: TCU tailgating 2012|
The popper rolls were a hit, so I also made them the next weekend. The next weekend was the first TCU tailgate of the season, and Jalapeno Popper Rolls turned out to be super fast and easy when I prepared them in advance. Basically I made them and baked them on a Friday, sealed them in a baggie and refridgerated them overnight, and was able to pop them in the oven on Saturday before heading to the tailgate to crisp them up. I tripled the recipe for the TCU tailgate, and they were gone in about an hour... so it's safe to say they were a hit with NCAA fans as well as the NFL fans.
|Andy & me, TCU tailgates 2012|
|Andy & me, TCU tailgating 2012|
Jalapeno Popper Rolls
www.hellohue.com, healthified by Kate Strickland
Servings: 16; Weight Watchers Points Plus Value: 1
- 1 can reduced-fat Pillsbury crescent roll dough
- 2 tbsp fat-free cream cheese
- 2 jalapenos, chopped and de-seeded
- 3 strips center-cut bacon, baked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350
- Roll out your dough. It's perforated in triangles, but cut each triangle in half using a pizza cutter to make more "bite-sized" poppers.
3. Place a dollop of cream cheese on the wide end of the triangle shape
4. Sprinkle bacon and jalapenos atop the cream cheese
5. Roll the crescent rolls from wide end to skinny end
6. Pinch together the two ends so the stuffing doesn't ooze out
7. Bake 15 mins
Keep on cookin'!