|Andy and me at the Roadhouse, Rodeo 2013|
On Saturday, January 26th, Andy, me, our friends, Paige & Kyle, and their friend Kenny adventured out to the rodeo grounds for the day. We rode a few rides, checked out the chickens and goats, and walked around the exhibit halls. The exhibit halls are, afterall, my favorite part of the rodeo. After rodeo-ing all day, Andy and I met our friends Jason & Holly for dinner at Fireside Pies.
|Andy and me at Bulls Night Out 2013|
|Brittney and me at the Backstage Club, Rodeo 2013|
|Andy and me at the midway, Rodeo 2013|
|Katie & me at the Backstage Club, Rodeo 2013|
Andy insisted on cooking dinner that night so my germy hands wouldn't get all over his food, but the next night I made this recipe. I already have a recipe called Italian Chicken & Potatoes, so I wanted to come up with a clever twist to differentiate. According to google, "chicken & potatoes" translates to "pollo & patate" in Italian, so that's where the name comes from. I tried to use ingredients that I already had, and I found this recipe on Crock a Doodle Do, a cute blog with a lot of crockpot recipes. Hopefully when you make it, you'll be flu-free, but it is a great dish if you're craving comfort food.
|Me, Candice, Brittney, Jenny, and Kirsten at the Roadhouse for Josh Weathers and Brittney's birthday|
Pollo & Patate
By Crock a Doodle Do
Servings: 4; Weight Watchers PointsPlus Value: 11
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 16 oz bottle non-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 c reduced fat parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoning, to taste
- 4-6 potatoes scrubbed, sliced thin
- 1/2 lb mini carrots
- Squirt a small amount of Italian dressing at bottom of crock-pot.
- Place two chicken breasts in crock.
- Pour some of the Italian dressing on the chicken.
- Sprinkle half of cheese onto the chicken.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning onto the chicken.
- Place next two chicken breasts into crock-pot, if possible not directly on top of the first breasts.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of chicken.
- Pour carrots on top
- Pour more of the Italian dressing on top of chicken and carrots.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning onto the chicken and carrots.
- Place potatoes on top.
- Pour the remaining Italian dressing on the potatoes.Sprinkle Italian seasoning on the potatoes.Cook on low for 6-8 hours.