Search The Cookbook

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Mexican-Style Asparagus

In January, I got the following text from my best friend, Whitney. 
Needless to say, I was crying tears of joy right in the middle of a presentation at Fort Worth ISD. I was under strict instructions not to tell anyone, so I had to keep my mouth shut about Baby Creel until Todd and Whitney formally announced their +1 on March 24th. I did, however, immediately send the Creels a care package in honor of their baby-to-be. I included a few pregnancy magazines for momma, a sign, a book, and a baby blanket. 
We found these cute shirts for the dogs at a boutique in Ruidoso when we went in February. They made for a perfect baby announcement! 
A month later, as I was going through our cabinets to make sure we had the ingredients for this Mexican Style Asparagus that night, my phone next off with another text. On April 23rd, the Creels found out their bundle of joy was going to be a boy. Whitney had suspected it was going to be a boy, but the sonogram confirmed it. A healthy, happy baby boy would be joining the Creels in September 2013. 
I could see it already: an Aggie football player with Creel printed across the back his jersey. The kiddo will have no choice but to whoop and gig 'em like his mom, dad, and numerous other family members. But don't worry, I'll do my best to brain wash him with all the burnt orange that I can sneak into his nursery!

Mexican Style Asparagus
Servings: 2; Weight Watchers PointsPlus Value: 2


  • 1 bunch of asparagus cut and washed
  • red pepper flakes (to taste)
  • cumin (to taste)
  • chili powder (to taste)
  • dried cilantro (to taste)
  • 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
  1. Coat asparagus with EVOO
  2. Sprinkle on red pepper flakes, cumin, chili powder, and dried cilantro
  3. Grill for 5 minutes, turning occasionally

Keep on cookin'!
Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment