Search The Cookbook

Monday, May 19, 2014

Crescent Roll Casserole

May 3, 2014:  The friendships that we made through our 13 years of school are the most unique, special, and amazing gifts that I can ever imagine. We went from plaid and pigtails to updo's and I-do's.  I have to tell you how mind-blowing it is to me that we are now in each others' weddings. That's a far cry from Camp Write Along and Rice Babies.  Most recently, Keri was Frances' Matron of Honor, and Whitney and I were in Frances' House Party. Kate and I were among hostesses for Frances & Zach's Stock the Bar shower in Houston.
Frances, me, Kate, and Keri at Frances & Zach's Stock the Bar Shower
The Future Doctors Compton's Home, Houston, Texas  March 2014
Before that, there was Keri's wedding last year where Frances was the Maid of Honor. I was a Bridesmaid, and Sam and Whitney were in the House Party.
Keri's Bridal Party
University Christian Church, November 2013

And throwing it back to the first wedding of our group, Whitney's, I was the Maid of Honor, and Keri and Frances and Sam and Kate were all in her House Party.
Kate, me, Keri, Whitney, Frances, Chaney, and Sam at Whitney's Rehearsal Dinner
Fort Worth Boat Club, May 2010
Fast forward to this coming November when I'm getting married, where I'll have Whitney as one of my Matrons of Honor, Keri and Sam as Bridesmaids, and Kate and Frances in my House Party.
Whitney, me, and Keri on the day Andy proposed to me
The Hickmans' Home, Fort Worth, Texas  October 2013
Phew! Did you keep up with all of that? Some days I wonder how in the world I am so incredibly blessed to have these ladies in my life.

So what do these beautiful women have to do with Crescent Roll Casserole? Well, not a lot, except for when I happened to make it for the first time. See, Frances married her husband, Zach, on May 3, 2014. The night before the wedding, we all rehearsed where to be when, and then we had an elegant dinner at the Kimbell Art Museum. Catered by The City Club, Zach's family treated us to a surf & turf combination with molten chocolate cake for dessert, served to the musical stylings of a string quartet who played everything from Tchaikovsky to TSwift. Memories were shared, laughs were had, and champagne flutes were clinked. It was a beautiful evening.
Whitney & me on the Trolley on our way to Frances' wedding
First Presbyterian Church, May 2014
However, nothing that weekend was as beautiful as our friend, Frances, in white and in love, the next night. It was a gorgeous evening under the stars at 809 Vickery where we celebrated. The little white lights strung across the open patio lit up a packed dance floor, where we danced the night away. The second (next to the wedding, duh) most memorable event of the night was definitely when our PE coach, Coach Breedlove, high-jacked the lead singer's microphone and "fired it up!"  Who knew back in August of 1991 that we'd be here today. Oh, and back to the casserole (oops), I made this for Andy and I on the Saturday morning of the wedding. Nothing difficult or tricky about it- a recipe I got from a co-worker recently. But it was definitely the fuel we needed to get the day rolling- after all, we had dancing and celebrating to do!
Keri, Sam, Frances, me, and Whitney at Frances' Rehearsal Dinner
Kimbell Art Museum, May 2014


Cresent Roll Casserole
Kim Cox
Servings: 8
Crescent Roll Casserole
  • 1 Pillsbury Cresent Roll Package
  • 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp (or more, if desired)
  • 1/2-1 lb reduced fat sausage, browned (or more, if desired)
  • 1/2 c fat free cheddar cheese
  • 2 tbsp fat free cream cheese
  • 1 doz eggs- 8 egg whites only, 4 whole eggs\
  • 2 tbsp skim milk

Crescent Roll Casserole


  1. Preheat oven per crescent roll package instructions
  2. Lightly grease a 9x13 pan
  3. Spread the crescent roll out in the pan
  4. Bake for 5 mins (so it won't get soggy later)
  5. Meanwhile, beat eggs, egg whites, and milk together until frothy
  6. Add in bacon, sausage, cheddar cheese, cream cheese- mix thoroughly
  7. Bake for 30 mins or until eggs are stiff
Keep on cookin'!
-Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment