|Andy and me at the TCU v. UNM Tailgate|
On Saturday, October 22, Andy and I went to the TCU tailgate to cheer on the Frogs as they took on the University of New Mexico Lobos. Take on the Lobos, they did- the final score was 69-0. After spending all day in the hot sun, reflected off the hot pavement, made hotter by the lack of any type of legitimate breeze, I decided to invite people over for a relaxed night of sports- the Texas Rangers v. St. Louis Cardinals (the World Series) and Texas Tech v. OU (sucks).
|My friend, Kat, and me at the TCU v. UNM game-|
so good to see her after two years!
|Baked Macaroni and Cheese and Bone-In Ribeye (Bock Beef Marinade recipe available here)|
|Baked Macaroni and Cheese and Boneless Center Loin (Bock Pork Marinade available here)|
Servings: 8; Weight Watchers PointsPlus Value: 7
|Baked Macaroni and Cheese|
- 12 oz uncooked macaroni
- 1/2 c fat-free sour cream
- 12 oz fat-free evaporated milk
- 8 oz fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp dried bread crumbs (or broken up croutons)
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and transfer to a large bowl
- While pasta is still hot, stir in sour cream; set aside
- Heat milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until scalding (tiny bubbles appear just around the edges)
- Reduce heat to low, add cheese and simmer until cheese melts, stirring constantly with a wire whisk, about 2 mins
- Remove from heat and stir in mustard, salt, pepper, and nutmeg
- Add cheese mixture to pasta; mix well.
- Transfer to a 4-quart casserole dish.
- Combine bread crumbs and parmesan cheese; sprinkle over pasta
- Bake until top is golden (about 30 mins)
Keep on cookin'!