Well, file this one under mishaps. First off, we have been out of propane for a few weeks, and neither Andy nor I have had a spare minute to take in the empty tank to have it replaced. Therefore, my attempt to make Barbeque Grilled Asparagus tonight was an epic fail. Going into my meal-making tonight, I knew full well that we did not have any propane, but I completely forgot about the "grilling" end of this recipe. This yielded some icy cold (although Andy still found it yummy) asparagus for a side.
Next, as I was moving my half of the salmon onto a plate to take a pretty picture for you blog-readers, the salmon awkwardly stuck in the pan, and my plate somehow caught the backlash of my efforts to release the salmon- sending the ceramic plate crashing to the tile floor below. Sorry, Andy. Nonetheless, despite my two mishaps, Blackened Salmon turned out pretty awesome. I used the same blackening rub that I use on my Blackened Chicken, but on the fish instead. The flavor was spicy and zingy, and definitely tasty enough to make me forgive myself for my blonde-moments of the night!
Servings: 2; Weight Watchers PointsPlus Value: 8
|Blackened Salmon & (not-so-barbeque-grilled, but still blanched) Asparagus|
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp ground white pepper
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1 salmon fillet- cut in half
- Heat oven on broil
- Mix all spices together (sometimes I multiple the spice recipe by 10 and put it all together to store for later)
- Sprinkle spice over skinless side of salmon fillet
- Place fillet in a pan, bake on broil for 5 min
- Turn oven down to 350°
- Bake salmon for additional 8 minutes (more or less, depending on thickness- my fillet was appr. 1 in thick)
Keep on cookin'!